I am now almost a month into college and it is going by so quickly! I have been keeping myself super busy so I have less time to think about missing my dog AND because I am paying too much $$$ to be snoozing!

 I have been working at the Art & Architecture library and it is the BEST. There are days when I miss subway (all the free food) but not having to deal with hangry people has been a serious upgrade. I went out for the rowing team on accident... Well, my roommate asked if I would pick her up a rowing flyer and after a long night of looking for one I found them along with a varsity member and by then it was too late to explain that I was not there for me sooooo now I am on the rowing team!
 
Recently, we had elections for the executive board at my scholarship hall and I was elected for the Social and Diversity/Inclusion chair! I am still enjoying all of my classes, my classmates are getting better about reading which has made class discussions a ton of fun! Some days I think I am sure of what I want to major in and other days I want to pretend I am 8 years old and can avoid all decision making for another 10 years.

As of now I am considering Cultural Anthropology and before you ask how that will pay the bills, I recently watched a video on how to survive in the wilderness. I did take a career interest survey the other day and it said that nature/agriculture was my highest interest, so if anyone knows people in that field around Lawrence let me know so I can potentially job shadow!

Since I am a college student I have been doing a lot of self evaluation and I have learned that I love getting mail! After ordering all of my textbooks (for only $67 btw) I have hit a mail dry streak. I'm getting so desperate for mail I think I might just subscribe to a magazine...bleh. I miss all of my family and friends back home and I will be returning for Fall Fest, where I can eat a regrettable amount of fried food and get my yearly dose of carnies!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog